Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting in the Spirit


Tis the season to.....
1. Decorate the house
2. Enjoy the time with the puppies
before Reece's arrival
3. Drink extra Starbucks
4. Deal with idiotic people.


Let me start with the latter...
Yesterday we went to have our 3D/4D sonogram at the doctors office. We were so looking forward to seeing little Reece's face and hands and ears and well everything in "real" form. All was fine and dandy until I asked so we are going to get a DVD along with the pictures correct? And the temp sonographer said - oh no, you only get 8 still pictures. We showed her the pamphlet and it clearly stated for the package we were purchasing, we were to receive a DVD. Come to find out... she had never used it in that way - duh. She also didn't know how to work the machine. The office supervisor found the "owner manuals" and they began an all out search on how to do the 3D and save pictures. The doctor thought he knew how but in the end didn't. So the office lady decided to call the previous sonographer on her cell to have her describe how to make it all work. This is after 30 minutes of me lying on the table with goop on my belly. Not to mention, the exam room was literally 90 degrees. The heater in the office was on as was the extreme heat radiating from the machine. I had to take off my sweater and was in my little cami... which prior to prego was cute... not so much anymore. Anyway, finally after an hour of nothing - she was still "on a mission to find out how to... " - Monty rescheduled it for next Friday - for free.. and with someone else. So much for a "specialized sonographer."

This is where the 3D picture would have gone...



Decorating the house seems to be a much bigger chore this year than in previous years. We are doing fewer decorations because we will be in Cali for Christmas - Monty didn't even want to put the tree up this year! Pish-posh...

Here I am in all my glory - 28 weeks a.k.a. 7 months... starting to decorate the tree.


As far as Starbucks, well... my decaf drinks are becoming a great cool/freezing weather treat - one day a decaf nonfat misto, the next a decaf pumpkin spice nonfat latte - and if I am really daring....a half- caff...but watch out.. sometimes this brings on a stare or two from the Barista's. Luckily, our neighborhood ones know us well and they don't care. :)


I have to go to bed now... my sides are so tight I think I may pop! More to come later...including some Thanksgiving info!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I didn't know you started a blog??? I'm glad you did and we can keep up to date! Hope you're having a fun weekend in Cali!