I went to the doctor on Friday and had a sonogram to check is growth. He has only gained a pound in 3 weeks - which is good news. They estimate his weight at about 7 pounds 8 ounces. We were worried that he would be 8 1/2 or 9 pounds.
As for the "trapdoor", it's still in the slow process of opening. At our all day "Prepared Childbirth" class yesterday, Monty learned a lot more than he or I had anticipated. There are a few things that some people still hadn't told me - and they are totally inappropriate to write on a blog - even for me!
The nursery is finally finished and I will post pictures as soon as I take them. The missing piece was delivered yesterday~ the all important glider.
Last weekend, I had a great brunch baby shower hosted by 8 of our friends from our A.B.F. at church. I love these friends and feel so fortunate to have found a great church family that continues outside of the walls of the church. Reece was showered with gifts - a video monitor (for Mom and Dad), handpainted canvases, special blankets made by Jessica, great toys, and some gift cards! It was a great morning.
Here's the lastest pic of our little man~
We are so excited to hold you in our arms!!!!


2 comments:
I can't wait to see the pics! And I hope little Reece comes soon for you!
What? Gory details we left out?!? Girl, I've all the gory details you can handle! Haha!
No, really...it all goes by so fast. Don't be nervous about the one day of gory details - you won't even notice or know when most of it happens if at all! I already wish I could go back and relive the moment Rachel was born, just to cement it in my memory even further. It's so exciting! Just remember to cherish the moment - as Kelly said, "That's not something you see every day."
Post a Comment