Thursday, January 3, 2008

Playing catch - up!

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. I definitely am not as eloquent with my words on here as some of my dear friends.. but I guess that's just not me... so I will include a visual representation of the past few weeks.:)

First, Jay and Suzy got married!! We had a great time celebrating with them on 12/15. The reception was at the Petroleum Club downtown with spectacular views. Unfortunately, my battery on the camera died right after we arrived, so I have this one photo from the night...



After a grueling last week of school (.. seriously the longest ever~~ 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas is just too long. The kids and the teachers are soo over everything) we headed to Vegas to spend the day with Monty's dad and brother, Matthew. It was a different way to experience Vegas - no gambling or drinking - just family time and a little shopping at Cesar's Palace. We did make it over to The Bellagio to see their atrium that was decorated for the holidays. It was really beautiful. Getting a chance to celebrate Christmas with Jerry and Matthew meant a lot to us all.



Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the fiasco about traveling on the 22nd. Don't do it. We thought we were good with a 7:05 am flight. Our driver was coming to pick us up at 5:15 and we were to be at the airport no later than 5:45. 5:30 came and went and still no driver. Monty was furious so we hopped in the car and headed to DFW. We pulled into the terminal at 6:05 and entered the crazy zone. It was the most disorganized mess... needless to say, Monty sprinted to the gate at 7:00 belt and shoes in hand and told them his preggo wife was on the way. We sat in our seats at 7:04. I have never been so sure we might miss a flight. Phew... okay.. on to California...
We got "home" Sunday morning and were headed to a Christmas brunch, when we were told that it was delayed because Dad's wine refrigerator was being delivered. If you don't know, he's obsessed with his wine. It has overtaken the guest room closets, so to have this cool place to keep his most precious babies, he was thrilled. Here's Monty, Dad, and Mom unpacking his new toy.



Christmas eve was different this year as we went to the 5:00 service. We normally go to the 11:00 candlelight service, but I guess everyone is too old and can't stay up that late. It was still special - the kids did a pagent of sorts and retold the Nativity story. The best part about the nights at Jayne and Ken's (mom and dad's) are the quiet times by the fire. Christmas Eve is no exception. We used to have to go to bed early so Santa could come, but now without the morning pressure, we can stay up and visit until midnight!






Don't worry - that's club soda and lime... did you know how much sodium is in one bottle of that stuff?!! I found out after drinking about 12 in 3 days... my legs poofed up!! Pellegrino only from now on!

Christmas Day is always great-- my mom's family gets together for brunch. This year we had it at Aunt Janet's - just a few blocks away. It was the traditional creamed chipped beef- a Randol family treat ;) - along with biscuits. But for a twist, she added ham, turkey, green beans, fruit, cake, and a spinach salad. We voted and it needs to be at her house all the time!
Everyone says that they are twins-- and this was totally accidental!

My precious little bro!


Ali and I at brunch... I am slightly bigger than her these days.. normally too, but much more so now!
OH the best part of California Christmas's -- The weather. We had brunch served outside in the 70 degree weather!!!

Aunt Janet and her cute scarf!! Ali and Danny chatting - that's the middle adult table... very fun!!
Papa and Grandma!
The week went by very quickly with the Annual Tweener Party concluding the fun! This year it was Itsy bitsy... whatever that means.. only about 45 people vs. the 125 who usually attend!
I have more to write but that will have to wait- I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year's!
Jen

1 comment:

Pandamonium said...

It all sounds like a great holiday. Glad you guys didn't miss your flight! You need to call us to take you to the airport if you need a ride! :)