Yes, that's right we are taking Reece to California! We leave tomorrow morning for 5 days at "home." Monty will be back Sunday night and Reece and I are flying back by ourselves on Wednesday. He will have a lot of firsts in the next few days plane ride, beach experience, meeting his great grandparents on my side, etc. It won't be long before we go back again though - we have 2 other trips planned before the middle of June. We slacked off on our trips while I was pregnant, so now it seems as though we are back in travel mode. Wish us luck and say prayers for all those on the plane tomorrow - I am hoping that he will be as good as he was on Tuesday... read below. If you live in SM come by my parent's this weekend!
On another note...
Great news from my oncologist appointment on Tuesday~ All my tests were clear! Everytime I go to the Collins building at Baylor Dallas - I have to mentally prepareto take a a journey back to a worrisome time in our life. This time was no exception. For a few nights before, I had aches. Normal aches from a new found activity - you may have heard about it... working out! My body hasn't done this in many many months so as expected I am sore. But before a checkup, my thoughts turn to the worst - the cancer is back but since it can't come in my boobs, it's in my ______. So,... as expected I am fine!
The day was better than I had anticipated as Reece went with his momma to her appointments. We were on the campus for 4 hours and the little guy only fussed 1 time - I was 30 minutes late getting him lunch. This was a huge relief and blessing for me. Everyone remarked at what a thinker he was - he seriously investigated every person with his "look." It was great to show him off to all of the staff who saw me when I was sick. Dr. O'shaughnessy said he was my miracle baby! yes he his.

This is the look... you can't see the wrinkles on his brow.. but they are there!


3 comments:
i'm so glad your appointment was so good! yall have so much fun in california...i'm jealous! and of course, he could not be any cuter!!
SO glad about your reports.
Have a great trip. We flew with Zachary when he was 3 weeks old (crazy, I know!!!) and it was the easiest flights we have ever had with him. It's when they are older and can't sit still that it gets very interesting!
I am sure that someone has told you this...but I was told to have him suck a pacifier or a bottle during take off and landing for the pressure to be released in his ears. Their ears popping would drive them crazy and this seems to prevent it.
Have fun!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment