We have been busy busy busy! I was in Austin this past weekend celebrating my friend, Kate, at her baby shower. It was a great girls weekend at her mom's house outside of town. We drank coffee on the veranda snuggled under blankets and relaxed. I finished Twilight and had time to just "be". Lyla Grace is due in January and we are all so excited.



I am now on to the 2nd book in the series - if anyone is a fan, a bunch of us are going to the movie next Friday after school! :) Kinsey, you want to join?!?! I seriously finished the 1st book at 11 p.m. Saturday night and was at the local Barnes at noon to buy my book for the 30 minutes flight home! :) While I was away, the boys played!! Monty had a great father-son weekend that included: pizza, army crawling, and of course, football. When I got home Sunday evening, he was barely hanging on! Some of you may know that we have had a bit of a problem feeding Reece, here lately. He gags and pukes almost every meal with us -- at daycare, well they are miracle workers and dance and sing and the whole bit and sneak the food in his mouth. I just don't do that. So we had a big breakthrough last night and it continued today. He will chew/sallow rinsed canned peaches(the kind in100% juice -don't worry - no sugar) AND yes... AND... mashed potatoes at the Hewes' home AND then tonight homemade hummus(pureed garbanzo beans and water). It is a self-serve meal b/c if I even attempt to put the spoon in his mouth, he throws a fit. So, we may have moved passed the barfing every night in the high chair stage. I will be honest, I will be THRILLED if we have. If not, we will be on our way to find someone to teach him how to swallow without gagging! I know some of you BU speech path peeps knows somebody!!!? :) So here's the little man happily eating tonight~

5 comments:
That must be really stressful for you. Glad to see he looks happy while eating in your pictures though!
ahhh that tough, well i am there in December to visit the little guy, maybe some Turkish delight will get him in the eating mood ;o)
jk jk
Jen, JK had major swallow issues for awhile too. (Look back in my blog archives...I was way stressed over it.) Just be patient and continue giving him the foods he responds well to. He'll overcome it in his own time. JK started doing better once he hit about 11/12 months. Today? The kiddo's favorite food is all the hard to swallow stuff: meat, meat, and more meat. Go figure.
When I worked at Our Children's House, I was on the feeding team and worked with tons of kids who had food aversions. If things don't get better soon, I'd love to try and help. My email is: ejwakefield@gmail.com
i haven't finished it yet! and we are going to the lake for my grandmother's birthday next weekend or i would so join the movie party. yall have been busy! we want to see you soon...
Post a Comment