Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the perfect ice day

5:45 - alarm goes off; cross fingers and toes and turn on T.V. to channel 8. Cynthia Itzgizzy always gives the best updates. Stare at the school list of school closures and patiently (NOT) wait from the C schools until the R's. Listen to all of the major closings: Dallas, Fort Worth, Garland, McKinney, Plano, still no Richardson. Anger started to overcome me. Why did we have to go to school when even Dallas had off?!?! wait, wait, what's that you say Richardson ISD is closed too??!! Oh good, I am going to get to play today
(think Shel Silverstein's I have the measles, and the mumps, a gash a rash and purple bumps -- what what's that you say, today is Saturday, good-bye I am going out to play!)
7:15 - get Reece after lying in bed awake but with my eyes closed, enjoying the solitude and having some quiet time.
8:15 - feed the sweet boy kiwis, bananas, and a gluten-free waffle (even though I recently realized that I have been given him gluten all along with his oatmeal and barley teething biscuits!) oh well..I guess he doesn't have an allergy..see 9:15.. :)
Pour coffee - repeat multiple times.

9:00 - make Monty and I blueberry buckwheat pancakes and scrambled eggs.

9:15 - we sit down with our now "starving" son to eat...he eats his first taste of wheat (a whole buckwheat and blueberry pancake!) and devours it.
9:45-1:30- play, build a toy, text, more coffee, call Cali and discuss the cold weather there ( a freezing 55 degrees), Reece naps, we clean our room and decide we need more storage space...or a bigger house, shower, get dressed and head out for a delicious Mexican lunch at Mi Cocina's -----------at 1:45.
Riding in his new "race"car!

We had the most perfect Ice Day Lunch - tortilla soup and chips and a margarita for mom and dad. Reece seriously takes down some beans, rice, and shredded chicken. I took pictures just in case you wanted to see. :)

anxiously awaiting his lunch...

after he was done-- yes he ate that much. to which Monty said, we may, have on our hands, a world class athlete...he could be possibly 6'5" -- what!?!? my baby...no way! But according to his father - he has "the genes to be great!" hilarious.

my soup--- yummo!
yummy mi cocina margarita... a special treat!

5:00 - blogging, thomas the train, a semi tired baby who slept in the car who can't get happy, and thinking about work and praying for an ice storm to roll on through again!


Frozen nasty dog bowl...




I believe that these prove that we live in a "weird weather place" as my mom in cali calls our weather here--- we have palm trees that freeze with icicles --taken at noon.

I hope your family enjoyed their day together as much as we did! :)

3 comments:

AW said...

Thank you for the pictures of Reecey - my day is sweeter now!

And thank you for the picture of the margarita - I'm living vicariously through you. :-)

Yelda said...

looks like the family had a great day out!! mi cocina, i am jealous!

kinsey said...

what a fun day!