Monday, March 24, 2008

Night out on the town

Whoever "invented" babysitters, I must give them props! Especially when it's the grandmas - or in Reece's case - his Mia and Duffy. My friend Maggie had a birthday party on the McKinney Ave Trolley this weekend and I really wanted to have a night out - so we had a baby sitter for 3 whole hours. I was surprisingly fine leaving Reece at home.Monty on the other hand, was not so fine. But once, we got to the MAT, he seemed to relax- after I convinced him that we are indeed good parents - it is healthy and normal for us to leave our child and have some time for ourselves. I am hoping to have a date night that involves SUSHI very soon -- (hint hint darling. )

It was so fun to go out where we used to live; Monty and I loved living downtown - and we had a great time travineling our old "stomping grounds" on the trolley. We spent about 30 minutes on the trolley before our 1st stop - The Idle Rich Pub, where we had a quick bite to eat before getting back on the trolley. Monty looked at his watch as we got back on and said to me "Babe, we are going to have to get off before the next stop." "What!?! - we just got here and we have to go?!" Wow - the life of parents. His Mia and Duffy were waiting - so we left at 10!! A time that just a year or so ago would have seemed early! We were in bed by 11, but up again at 145 to feed the little man. I was tempted to text the girls to tell them that we too were still awake but thought against it as they might have just gone to bed.
I called him the "Conductor" and was quickly corrected... he's a "Motorman!"

Reece as a bunny bear. It was rather cold yesterday and so he dressed in his little fleece bear outfit for the first and probably last time as it is warming up now. Under there is his cute snuggle bunny shirt from Claire and Darren.
(not the best picture of him, but I could get of his shirt..)



No comments: