Friday, March 14, 2008

Rub a Dub - Dub!

Reece's first bath!!

I am turning his head towards the camera - not pushing him down! ;)


The little guy really did well in the tub. It was just hard to capture his excitment on the camera. He needs to work on conveying his expressions so that the "viewers" can feel his emotions~ A little lesson learned from "Make Me A Supermodel" - Thursday Nights on Bravo (my fave network).

Last night, I was able to get caught up on a couple of shows because we aren't really heading to bed these days until 11-1130ish. Reece eats at 730 and likes to be awake until 930 and then sleep an hour or so, wake up for his "4th Meal." You know, Taco Bell's idea for the one between dinner and breakfast - or in his case the one between dinner and 3 a.m. The past 2 nights we have eaten in the family room instead of our room so his dad could sleep - someone has to go to a paid job! This works out well for Dad and me too, IF, I can fall back asleep after Reece's breakfast - between 6 and 7. If not, my day does not look very exciting.


Today, however, the little Kermie and I slept until 8:45! We got up and dressed for the day by 9:30. For me, I brushed my hair, my teeth, put on mascara, and even running shoes! This was a huge accomplishment since The View hadn't even started. And we headed to the best place on earth (well within a few miles of our house)...

Super TARGET!!!

Yes, ladies and gents, Reece had his first trip to the fabulous Super Store. I have had one trip but was sans baby. He did great the entire time - not a peep. He did sleep most of the time, but when we were looking at onesies, he did open his eyes and check it out. As to say, yes Mom, that is "Fierce!" (a la Christian from Project Runway - another fabu Bravo show).

Needless to say, I do believe that Target will be a weekly excursion for us - if not more. It's a great place to walk around in the morning and find so many necessities - Monty would argue that they are obviously not necessities but things I find on sale and need to have :)

Monty was in charge of Reece on Wednesday night while I was at a girls night in with my small group (which was so fun and relaxing!) This funny conversation occured yesterday when Monty came home from work at 6ish and I was still in my pj's... I had at least brushed my teeth and put in my contacts!
Me: Sorry babe for not having the dishes done AND the bottles not sterilized. (bad day yest)

MK: I am not going to say a thing about it.

Me: Why not?

MK: B/C I realized last night (Wed) how busy and hard it is with the little guy. My arm was sore from holding him and my back is sore too. So, I think that it's normal that your back hurts ( a complaint I have had for a week now). I hardly had time to do anything with feeding and changing diapers and rocking him.

Me: hehe... I know!!!
We are so ready for the weekend! We need some family bonding time!!! And I may need to run a few errands.... :)

Jen, Monty, and Kermie... aka Reece

3 comments:

Leigh said...

I love his nick name...so cute.

The Linders said...

Such a cutie! I can't wait for him to meet Isabella (what am I saying - I can't wait to meet her myself!) I had to laugh picturing myself in much the same situation in a few weeks - Ryan and I have already joked about me wearing my pjs all day and Super Target will definitely be a regular outing for us after Ryan goes back to work :) Hope things continue to go well and hope to have news for you soon!
Love ya!

AW said...

Love the nickname - too cute! And isn't it awesome when the dads are so hands on? I have friends where the dads really do nothing to help. It's the wife's job to raise the kiddo. Makes me sad. But it also makes me grateful for a husband that does so much for our child and home and understands when the house is a wreck and I'm busy hittin' the hay early. So glad Monty is one of those too!