We have been on the go recently! We just returned from visiting some of our very best friends who used to live here in Dallas... Mandy and her fiance, Marcus, and Gretchen! We drove into town Friday night around 9:30. Monty and I had a great dinner in McAllister, OK at Wendy's and Reece enjoyed his bottle in his car seat. He was so excited to see everyone and stayed up late visiting. We are learning that going to bed at 10:30 still means that Reece will wake up at 6:00 a.m. Oh well. Saturday morning we had a great "southern breakfast" of bacon, eggs, biscuits, and coffee. Mandy and Marcus just moved into a gorgeous new home with a 100" projector screen in the game room. Needless to say, the boys were absolutely thrilled to let the girls and Reece head out for shopping, lunch, and a Tulsa tour. If you have been living under a rock, football season is now in full swing so I am sure that their little bottoms didn't move to far from the screen while we were gone.
Anyway, Tulsa is a beautiful city and I would even live there! I loved the easy grid system that the city is on and the great little restaurants in the area that resembles our Greenville Ave. Our first stop was Gretchen's house. It's precious and even has a coi pond in the backyard! Her house is just perfect for she and Annie ( her lil' golden retreiver.) Then we shopped at Utica Square (an outdoor shopping area - similar to the Arboretum in Austin or Highland Park Villiage here) where I bought Reece some clothes at BabyGap. I am waiting for their pj's to go on sale. I love them but don't want to spend $20 per pair. We had lunch at a great deli - a super small version on Eatzi's -- a great sandwich/salad menu as well as pre-made dips and dishes to go. Mandy's mom, Jackie, works at Dillard's so we just had to run in and say hi and have her get a Reece squeeze! Oh and buy some 75% off summer clothes. Reece is going to be stylin' in his Hurley board shorts in Maui! We ventured back to their house and I fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours!
Saturday evening, we grilled some great steaks and had yummy no-fat garlic mashed potatoes.(j/k-- they were totally high fat and delicious!) We brought a bottle of wine from our Napa collection to share. It was a great evening. Mandy and I left the boys at home to go and celebrate Gretchen's 31st b-day. I had not left the house at 9:30 p.m. to go out in quite some time. We met them at a restaurant and then went to a tavern and there was a hilarious band playing. I am posting a pic so you can see their shoes. Not really what you picture in your head when you think of a band. We were home by 12:45am - which worked out fabulously b/c I got a full 4 hours of sleep before Reece started crying. Please note the sarcasm. I think he is getting his whole mouthful of teeth at once. Grunting, slobbering, crying, chewing, ... sigh. We were able to get him fed and to back to sleep until... 9!! yay.
Today we lounged around and headed to Los Cabos, a mexican place on the river, for lunch. Reece sat in the high chair for the first time! So cute. We made it home in time for some play time before bath/bottle/bed. We had so much fun and I really miss my Mandy and Gretchen! Glad Southwest flys there though... I am over the car for awhile! Love you guys and thanks Mandy and Marcus for a great weekend!!
Me and Mandy and the lovely band behind us.
Mandy and Gretch - the birthday girl!
Reece's first time in a restaurant high-chair. Yes he is chewing on a coaster. He chews everything and is very clear on what he wants. He starting to communicate with us with different screams. So fun when you are out in public. He only ate half of it. kidding.
The band... strange outfits and shoes.. I had to take a picture. The red shirt guy had a zipper instead of buttons - circa 1996.

5 comments:
So glad you enjoyed my old "stomping ground"! How fun that you're friends are in Tulsa - we love it there! Next time Reece is screaming, just think that he's probably doing it right along with Isabella. It's my new favorite thing that she does (I hate it with a passion and keep trying to "shhh" her with no results) Oh, the joys of motherhood :)
Ahhh its so good to see the girls smiling faces, and of course yours and little reeece! Your hair is getting very long! I like it! I can't wait until your trip out east... far east.. haha to visit me!
You Kennedy's are making me tired, just kidding, loved the recap and the party pics of mama k, you still got it!
Tulsa can be fun!! I just love all of the old homes and cute shops! Mark and Whitney and the triplets live right next to Utica square. They take strolls there all of the time. Glad you guys had a great trip!
fun weekend. yall have definitely been on the go a lot lately! let's hang out soon...weren't we supposed to get wine this week? ;-)
Post a Comment