Monday, February 25, 2008

A trait that Reece shares with his Mom.

*Update--In order to pass the time today, we have had a Guitar Hero Marathon. Monty and Brian are definitely much better than the rest of us - I really have terrible hand eye coordination. But the best part of this day was watching my mom!?!?! play -- here's a short video.


Also, these are the latest and greatest pictures of us before we head off to the hospital.
Well the first one is from the other night... my mom was cooking dinner.
Last night we spent dinner with my parents and my second parents - Jane and Dick W. It was a great "last meal" as a couple. III Forks was a great restaurant in regards to the food - just not the service. Anyways... we discussed many reasons why I am still pregnant and decided on one that everyone at the table agreed upon.
- Reece is strong-willed and stubborn like his mom. There is not much I can do about this now.

After being between 8-10 days late already, it appears that he is not coming anytime soon. I did have contractions last night and even got the watch out to time them while Monty slept peacefully next to me. And, like with every other set of them, they stopped. It's such a tease. I start getting excited and thinking - oh my gosh, I think this could be it. And after a couple of hours, they disappear and I fall right back to sleep.

Sooo... We are checking in to Baylor -Dallas tonight. We are supposed to be there around 8 p.m. and then tomorrow morning they will start the pitocin (which is the drug that induces labor). So if all goes as planned, tomorrow night our little son should be in our arms! If not, then Wednesday. :)

I am getting pretty anxious about this process - I have spent a lot of time at Baylor with not such great memories. Checking in again is bringing back many of the emotions that I have had over the past 3 years. I know that this is a MUCH different scenario - I get a baby in the end! But the whole IV and med part is getting to me. I think next time I am going to do a birthing center. Of course, this is being said PRIOR to the birthing process in which I will probably will send much love to the drugs. So don't hold me to it. :)

Monty and I are so appreciative of your calls, prayers, and continued thoughts. We will let you know what's happening as soon as we can. I don't know if the hospital has internet or not - So it may be a few days until we post again.

Lots of love - Jen and Monty

4 comments:

AW said...

That little bugger isn't here yet??? I just knew you were missing from the party last night because you were at the hospital. Or because Monty just didn't want us to see him in his 80's get up.

Ok. So at least we know now! We'll be praying until we hear the good news!

Wolfe Blog said...

Enjoy your day because they will have you up most of the night tonight preparing you for the induction in the morning. We can't wait to hear the good news! God Bless and we are praying for all of you!

Matthew & Jessica said...

We can't wait to hear of Reece's arrival! Hang in there. You are almost there.

j.o. said...

Praying for you!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the young man! Love you.