Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yay!!!!

Wow - what an amazing day.
We are exhausted and at the same time full of energy for our new little man.


Reece was born today, Tuesday Febraury 26th at 6:19 p.m. Reece weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces and is 21.5 inches long.


He arrived in 1 hour and 59 minutes after I started pushing. That was a lot longer than I had anticipated. We made some progress very quickly this afternoon - and our doctor was not at the hospital so we had to slow down some of the pushes and just wait. He did a great job throughout the whole time and scored a 9 on his apgar scores. Overall, my labor experience was great - I finally got an epidural and I realized how long this process could take. I did have them turn it down for awhile - to find out that it wore off during the pushing process - that anesthiologist was a god-send and topped me off so I could still feel some of my legs but not the pain.

Anyways... here are the part you have been waiting to see...




Monty's first diaper- well Reece's first diaper

The new Kennedy family!!

Both grandma's, my dad, and my brother.

Getting weighed

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

He's beautiful Monty & Jen!!! Congrats! Can't wait to meet Reece!

Cheryl said...

oooh, and keep posting pics!!! :)

Yelda said...

He is a Gem! so cute! i can't wait to meet him some day soon! Love you guys! kisses to you all! love Yelda

Wolfe Blog said...

Woohoo!!! Nate, as well as his mommy and daddy, can't wait to meet you Reece. Jennifer---you did great!!! Monty--I am sure you are relieved to see both your wife and your son doing great. I am grinning from ear to ear for you guys right now!!! He is almost the same weight Nate was (8lbs 15 oz) but Reece is an inch and a half longer :-o!!

AW said...

Just cannot get over how beautiful he is! And how beautiful you are! So exciting...so happy for you. You've had a long road to get to this little guy, so I know you are just overwhelmed with relief.

God is so, so, so GOOD!

Matthew & Jessica said...

YAY!! We are so excited Reece is here safely!! Congratulations!