Thursday, March 27, 2008

I had to know it was coming....

We had a pretty rough day yesterday - myself and Reece. I guess I had to know that there would be days like this but was rather surprised when it actually happened. I thought since I was doing pretty well with our routine and found the best invention - Gripe Water (organic chamomille, ginger, and fennel with some sugar and water thrown in for good swallowing measure), we were good to go. Not so much.

I don't really know what happened but my sweet baby boy was a screaming monster for the entire morning. I now think it was because he was, as the experts say, overtired. We had a bad night of sleep the night before so I was "overtired" too. I was trying everything - rocking, paci/sucking time, diapers, burping, laying down with him on my chest... and nothing would get the kid to sleep! So, I decided to feed him and go for a car trip b/c he sleeps when he's in the car seat. That was at two- he slept in the car, at my fave store - Super Target (needed ground turkey and diapers: got the diapers, forgot the ground turkey and bought 2 long/lean tanks)- and when we got home. I decided to leave him in his car seat to sleep. I woke him at 5 to eat and he went back to sleep until 6ish when Monty got home. He had some family time up in his room and then his feeding at 730.
And now to the best part of our day.... his bath. He loved it!!! And he slept until 2 a.m.!!!! even better Monty did the night feedings last night so I could rest :)



The best part of my day

and we are out- snug as a bug in a rug... or as a frog on a pod...

there is a picture with Mom and Reece.. but Mom looks like cacapoopoo :) I was lucky to have had a shower- but that's it!

On a COMPLETELY different note...

I have had some time to watch t.v. recently. And you just have to check this show out.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/my-big-redneck-wedding/series.jhtml

My Big Redneck Wedding - it's a documentary style show that is narrator with jokes by Tom Arnold. People from all over the country voluntarily submitted themselves for this show. It is quite funny and just crazy. It has given us some great laughs late at night! We dvr'd it and just watch when we need to have something entertaining. A really good one is episode 5.

Got to go.. he's getting "fussy" - i.e. crying a lot!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Sorry you had a bad day.......at least he's a happy baby now. The days will get easier as you get use to being a mommy. : )

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

I am so sorry to hear about your day!! I am so glad to know you have a blog!

These are my lifeline to others!!

We want to bring you guys dinner and I have your gift! (Ask Redding...Reece won't get it until he's 2.....)

He is SO precious!!! I think you coined a new term that I will use now, "cacapoopoo". :)

The Moshells said...

I remember one day Ross walked in the door, I handed him Luke and walked out. How can a crying little one not fry your nerves sometimes? I know you are such a great mommy to Reece, this just is one of those not so fun moments. It won't be long before you are his favorite entertainment and can cure those tears with a hug. And I'm pretty sure you're his most favorite person in the world...no offense Monty, it's a close race. :)

j.o. said...

loving the pics..and the cacapoopoo comment. you sound like your mother :) hope you and your boys are having a great weekend! love you all!!!!!!!!