
Reece and I made our way to California last week for two very important reasons -
1. To see my grandpa...he's stuggling now that he's 91 and his age is catching up to him...so we went to cheer him up!
2. My cousin, Ali, had an engagement party! Reece will be her ringbearer in December on Maui!
We got in town Friday around 11 and after incorporating a breakfast of oatmeal, in the stroller at the terminal and then a screaming child on the plane, I was soo thankful to see my mom! We had lunch with my brother and our friend Laura. We had a great quick Thai lunch and then they went back to work (they all work together at my parent's Keller Williams office) and we headed home for naps. Afterwards, we went with PK (papa Ken) to Target for the needed g-parent items-- high chair and exersaucer/jumperoo. As you can see, he loves it!

Friday night, my parent's friends came over for an 08-08-08 party and to watch the Opening Ceremonies. We had wontons and fried crab things for appy's and then great salads and grilled meats for dinner.
Saturday morning, we got up and hung out - after going to the gym to work out with mom and dad's trainer - Shelly. 7 am on a Saturday is just not fun. They say that it's great b/c it gets your day started -- convienently enough.. Reece and my Dad both took a 2 hour nap when we got home. Brian and his girlfriend, Amy, came by to watch some of the Olympics and play with the munchkin. Then we all got dressed for the big party! It was held at Danny's (Ali's fiance) art studio. He's super talented -- Danny McCaw - check him out! I saw lots of old friends and met new ones too! By 9 pm, Reece was spent and needed to go home - so we put him in his pjs in the back of the car and were home at 9:30 - 11:30 his time. Good thing he's flexible because he didn't even cry, not one bit! :)

First, decked out in his little Polo outfit - the tongue-- I don't get it..
~~and then with my cousin Katie (soph at U of Ariz.). Our family is so close that we call her Aunt Katie. We grew up less than a mile apart so when I was ten, Ali and I would take care of her like a momma...tongue again

And Ali, the bride.

Sunday morning we were up at 6 and heading out the door to Papa's beach house at 8:30. When we got there he decided that we should go to the country club to eat brunch- good thinking b/c they know him and allow for his crazy requests -- like a hot mug for fresh coffee! Afterwards, we headed back to his house so he could nap and Reece could have his first ocean experience. This meant a lot to me; I had my first beach experience here as well. After some good "visiting" and water play and no nap for Reece, it was time to get in the car for a road induced sleepy time.
Papa with Reece and his tongue... always hanging out.

The fist to help with chomping on teeth 3 and 4
The view from his deck. The rocks have taken over the sand due to the constant building up the coast. 
His first touch of cold rocks and temperate water!
The crashing waves!

He started anticipating the water coming and would lift his feet up and down and shake his hands! So neat...
So when we left Papa's house, we drove to my Aunt and Uncle's summer rental for the night. We rode on the duffy at sunset (a small boat with plastic windows - like a gondola or a ride at disneyland with a roof). The house they are renting is on the bay in Newport Beach, so it's calm water and perfect for watching people and boats. We had a big family style meal of home-made spaghetti (with green olives and sauteed mushrooms!!!:)) Monday am we woke up at 545 - and had a bottle on the dock and enjoyed the jumping fish and crew teams out for their practice. We walked to Starbucks when everyone else woke up (not including the 8 college soph's who were "asleep" on the couches downstairs.) and then headed to the beach club for lunch and more sand time.

On the duffy --she's getting married soon...she has to look this good right?! ;)

Ali and Reece

Dock... perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine or in our case a bottle of formula!
Still a fan of the frogger position!

Me and my sweet angel!
He was loving it!!


Ali and Jules (my cousin in law) buried his legs -- he was not a fan of this!
If you look close at his face when Jules is holding him, he looks very determined!

On our way out of town, we stopped by his "Aunt" Ashley's to see Emma and look at the belly that is housing baby J.J who is due any day now! My camera was dead by then...so Ash email me the pics!!
Monday night we had a family dinner - typical for us - Grilled Swordfish and Filets with potatoes and a green salad... and of course the necessary Guac and chips to start with. Tuesday, Reece and I packed up our stuff, had lunch at one of my fave's - Houston's - and headed to the airport! We were at home that night at 9:30!
Before bed with his GJ -having our last dinner on their patio -- yes you can do that there in August; sometimes even needing a sweater!

We had a fantabulous time with my family! Thanks you babe for "letting" us go away for 5 days without you.
CB- this recap is for you b/c you always do such a great job!
6 comments:
He is so cute! You look great too and your blog made me cry. I don't know why it is just sweet!
I will be saying a prayer for you! At least he is older! :) I hate it that Jack is so young. all the kids are screaming all day and he looks stressed. Your munchkin is older so it will be much better!
Jennifer! I was thinking the whole time what a good synopsis this is. I feel like I was there with you. Loving all of your cute outfits in these pics, and your Sunday ensemble was adorable.
ahh looks like you two had a great time! love the pics of all the family, you are so lucky to have such a tight knit great bunch! I miss the parsons! hope you have a great week! love yelda
It sounds like you had a fabulous trip. I am glad you were able to see your family again before school started.
And, I LOVE the frogger picture. What a cutie!
Jen,
The trip out there looks great. I'm glad you went to see everybody and be with Papa. I'll give you a call this weekend and hopefully we can catch up! I love you!
Post a Comment