Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today is my second to last day of my summer vacation AND stay-at-home mom-hood. Officially, I have to report to school on Monday, but will have to be on campus Friday for some "teacher stuff." I am having extremely mixed feelings about going back-- I love my job, my coworkers, my kiddos, and especially adult conversation about things other than babies. BUT my little guy is just growing so fast that I hate that the caregiver at his daycare may see something new before I do. Reece is so flexible and relaxed that I am not worried for him a bit... he naps in the car, on a plane(after screaming a bit), with the crazy dogs barking incessently at a squirrel or the pool guy- he will be able to enjoy his new friends and have a grand ol' time. I am choosing to head back to a world that I love...I pray that over the next couple of weeks that I am able to figure out the balance in my day.

I hope that I am also able to figure out how to teach 6th grade science - not what you want your child's teacher to say but seriously, a unit on cochoroaches (how do you even spelll that) might be the end of me.
Also, if you have a good lady who likes to clean, please send her my way. I have a feeling that scrubbing the sinks and mopping floors are going to be the absolute last thing on my to -do list. Monty will tell you that they have always been the last thing on my priority list but even more so now!
I am writing this while drinking my coffee out of my cute pink coffee mug with a 50's-esque lady in a pink dress and glasses...with the caption..."i was never meant to work." Some sort of irony.

3 comments:

Team Davis said...

I feel your pain. I'm already having anxiety about going back to work and leaving my little one. I'll send prayers your way! :)

Yelda said...

love it! so funny. Good luck next week! love yelda
If you want you can call Yami she might have a cleaning lady??

The Milams said...

Where did you get the cute background on your blog???