Thursday, February 7, 2008

A virtue that I apparently do not posess

I am not known by many to be a very patient person. In fact, I much prefer instant gratification. Thus, I do not make a good online shopper nor a catalog shopper - so places like the really good online shoe store --??? is not my friend. I don't even know the name - but Kristin does - she ordered a ton of perfect wedding shoes until the best arrived and then sent the rest back. See, I like to walk into Nordstroms or Dillards, find a pair of shoes and leave. So, today, when Dr. K told me that there had been NO change with the "trapdoor" aka cervix, I was more than annoyed. I asked why I had been having so many contractions (braxton hicks)and cramping with apparently no result, and she replied - "It's because of his size." The contractions are not b/c he's big but because I am one of the lucky ones.
Great... I have a big ol' baby who is just getting more and more plump and I don't like it one bit!! ;) I want to get him more plump with a bottle for him and finally a glass of wine for myself. I love that I didn't have to choose between breastfeeding and formula - another blessing that I can add to being a breast cancer survivor - a glass of chilled white wine with no need to pump and dump!
Next week, on Friday, I will have a sonogram before my appointment to check him out. We will then have to make some decisions about what to do next. I would rather not be induced nor would I like to have a C-section but this happy little man is going to be Ginormous!
I am currently praying that God allows me to have the patience and understanding to know that it's all in his timing and to remember that. Amanda made a good prayer point that I am going to add... that I go into labor all on my own!!!!!
I think that patience at this point is very difficult as my students are quickly finding out. I am still teaching and plan to until I go into labor. Finally the other day I had to have a come to meeting with each of my classes. It went something like this,
Me:"I don't want to come here everyday anymore because I don't feel good"
Them: gasp
Me: but I don't have a choice b/c I want to spend all of my time with the baby.
Them: what about us??
Me: So when I do come and you don't follow directions, you talk back, or you are not paying attention, I get very frustrated and upset and would rather be on the couch with the dogs.
Them: oh... silence.
Me: If you want me to be happy, you need to get it together.
I didn't think it was that harsh, and apparently they didn't either b/c I haven't had any angry parent complaints.
----- Do you remember "Growth and Development" videos???-----
Well, they start in the fourth grade now - boys and girls seperated. And today was our day. I got the boys b/c last year I had the girls. They of course giggle at everything from the adult man pictures, to the words and the P that becomes filled with blood at any given time- "which is totally normal" - but they were so disrespectful to the visiting nurse from another school that they had to exercise at recess (walk laps) and had to write an apology letter for homework. The best part of the whole process was when one of our boys started crying because " I don't want to go into puberty!!!!" - sobbing with tears and snot. LOL... oh it was funny. They also asked that if they went to the bathroom and puberty started did their mom have to take them to the Dr. right away? Like it's a one day thing.
Note to self and all of you other boy parents - talk to them about this stuff BEFORE the growth and development video day!!!!
love you all and have a good night

5 comments:

Leigh said...

Hilarious. I also hope that Reece comes soon for you. I know it's annoying. So what's this about his middle name changing again?

AW said...

Too funny! I'll try to remember the advice about "the talk". My folks didn't do that with me before my period started. So I thought I was dying. Literally. LOL! Funny now, but traumatic then.

Also...they predicted Jon to be 8.5 and he was barely over 7. So you never know...

Pandamonium said...

From recent frustrated experience, having your doctor tell you things are moving along only to stall out week after week is VERY ANNOYING! :) But, you'll get Reece here on the day God had planned from the beginning. You can't make a wrong decision. :)

And...they thought my baby was 9 lbs...so, they can mess up the other way too. But, I'm still here - still living, still breathing...quite well actually! God will take care of the delivery, no matter what Reece's weight may be!

And not having to choose between breast and bottle - nice. I think the emotions and efforts tied up in either choice would be easier to handle if it wasn't a choice and you didn't have to wonder about the other and how it would go. Breastfeeding is HARD work, and it's even harder when you are sitting and second guessing. :) So, lift your glass high and enjoy that wine for me! :)

j.o. said...

hahaha. (not about the first part, i'll be praying about that). Good times in fourth grade!

Love you guys!

The Linders said...

Hey friend! So sorry you're miserable - trust me, I feel your pain! I keep waiting to hear that Reece has arrived, but I know he'll come at exactly the right time! We're praying that you go into labor all on your own and very soon!