Thursday, May 15, 2008

Got to go to Wo-ork.. and I said No, No,No

Sung in a very Amy Winehouse way... that's how I am feeling. Monday I am heading back to a job that I once loved and am now beginning not to love. Teaching is such a great profession - just not in the last 2 weeks of May. The students are ready for summer and in their mind "done", and you as a teacher are SOO over it all.. but there is the fun (wink wink) end of the year tests and teaching that must go on. And this year... it's until June 4th! I am gearing up and getting prepared to go back to a grade who has literally lost their minds. Don't worry though Mrs. Kennedy is back. It's funny how badily they have missed me and yet when I was there I was the "mean"one. "Mean" to 4th graders = rules, discipline, and guidelines. The structure they need so badly has been missing for 12 weeks - coincidently I have been on maternity leave for 12 weeks. Monday morning will be a strange awakening to those who thought we would play and have fun the rest of the year! :)

I am coping with the fact that my days will be spent with 50 10-year olds instead of my darling son. The peace I have comes from knowing that his Granny Jayne is coming on Sunday to help for a few days. Then his Mia will watch him for 2 days. And Monty will be working from home the following week. And then.... SUMMER!!!!

Cali pics to come soon!!

:) Jen

2 comments:

kinsey said...

i hear ya! these last 3 weeks are A BEATING! but your kids are going to be so glad you're back after what they've had to deal with :-)

j.o. said...

i bet those kiddies can't wait to have Mrs. Kennedy come run the show!!! nothing like discipline and rules :) it will get your feet wet for next year though, and make you value your summer at home with Reece that much more! Love you!