Every time June rolls around, I find myself sleeping in later and later. I think I tend to justify this because I get up during the school year around 5:45-6:00. But being on summer break AND having a baby is kinda weird. How do I find the balance of being a stay at home mom and also a teacher on her summer break?!?!!? Do I get up to do things around the house?? I don't know - I guess there is not a correct way to do things but I wish there was!
It's different then when I was home with him on my maternity break. I guess he's older now and sleeps until 6:45. We used to get up at 6:45 and then take a nap around 9 - because well we woke up at 2, 4:40 as well. But Reece is still asleep after his bottle at 6:45 -and it's 9:30. I will admit to holding him until we both fell back asleep, but I got up at 8:45. I realize that this is a rambling mess...but it's a weird feeling... should I get up for the day at 7 or just relax and sleep in??
I realize as I wrote the title, conflict about sleep and relaxation, that I have had this problem actually for awhile. So I should not be surprised that it still haunts me. Growing up, sleep was a sign of laziness to my mom. She thought we needed to be up and be productive with our days. I had one friend in high school who was on the same schedule and that was it! Kristin and I were the only ones up at no later than 9 on the weekends... :( SO when Monty and I got married (maybe a little before then) our weekends were meant to be used wisely. We had errands to run, activities to do, and people to see... definitely not a lot of time for just "hanging out." I apparently still have some of this left in me because he told me last night, Jennifer, Saturday we are just going to relax - do not plan anything. :) Anyway, I guess I have to figure out what I feel is right and go with it. See blogging can be so theraputic... I just achieved my own answer without having to pay a therapist to get me to discover this realization! My have I grown!!
Reece and Marley... they were watching ESPN. Marley looks a little scary but I promise he means well. He saw Reece on the couch and VERY gently got up to be close but not too close. 

1 comment:
i say you are on summer break, so if the baby is sleeping then you should get to sleep too!! (this makes me feel better, because out of the 10 weekdays of summer so far...i think i've slept until 9 on at least 5 mornings :-) we have to take advantage! it's part of our job!
--also LOVE the pic of the babe and the pup on the couch. so sweet.
Post a Comment