Okay mom's out there please help!!!
Reece has developed a super sensitive tummy skin problem. It is only on his belly and chest and comes and goes. It looks like eczema (sp) to me. BUT everything I have read says that it is most common on elbow joints and knee joints... like the sweaty soft spots. I am using Eucerin Creme b/c the California Baby Lotion I started using didn't help. Even with the creme, it only disappears for a day or so and then it's back. Tonight, he was SUPER fussy - which is not at all normal for him -- and I looked at his tummy and it was all red and irritated. We have switched detergent from the Seventh Generation that was causing us all to itch to Tide Free. I guess I could do Woollite but am not sure. Please advise if you have had this problem or know what to do. Oh yeah... it seems that the Eucerin Aquaphor stuff makes it worse. :( Now, I have to get back to finishing report cards while Monty and Reece are fast asleep...
Jen
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
sorry Jen, wish I could help you. not my department. hang in there though! good luck with the report cards! love you!
I'm so sorry Jen! I wish I had something positive to share...Jon is currently struggling with the same thing on his upper back and shoulders. Tonight, I gave him a bath with a different bath soap, so I'm hoping it helps. :-(
Hello my sweet friend. Micah had the same thing when he was a baby and the docs and my allery doc all said it was mild eczema, although it didnt seem mild at all. I started using Aveeno baby products and they have an eczema creme, it worked wonders. Even got rid of his cradle cap. It is worth a try and although he still has mild cases of it, I have noticed a drastic improvement. Also swimming in a pool, regular not baby, helped with that and diaper rash. Good luck.
Sara Witschorke
Well, first of all I'm not sure how Tide Free is working but if it doesn't we have always used ALL Free. With both babies. Also, Reagan has eczema and we use hydrocortizone on the spots several times a day depending on how bad it is. Then of course Aveeno Body creme on top. This really works for her, and that Aquaphor stuff never worked on her either. Hope this helps.
I hope Reece's skin is better. Travis has spots on his chest that come and go (seems like it's due to heat - who knows??). They looked like baby acne at first, but then turned scaly & his doctor said it was "mild eczema." Our dr. recommended that we use the 1% hydrocortizone cream for 1 week & then only when it flares up. I then use Cetaphil lotion on top of the cream. I also bathe him with the Cetaphil bar soap. The hydrocortizone cream & the Cetaphil lotion have really helped & his skin has been so much better since we started using that. Good luck!! Reece is adorable!
Post a Comment