Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week has been an adjustment week for me and my lovely angel baby. Up until Monday, we had kinda been on very loose schedule - eating every four hours with lots and lots of awake time. This was mostly in part b/c of our trip to California. For whatever reason, Reece has had a hard time adjusting back to our time zone. Needless to say, naps were no longer than 30 minutes and not very frequent. When he did finally fall asleep, it was after 20 minutes of temper-tantrum crying -- arching back, kicking, arms flailing, etc. I understood that he was over tired but apparently missed all of the "cues" about when the correct time was for him to go down.

SO... after a long weekend, Sunday night I read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. I learned a few things about this 4month-5month period. They are changing and adjusting to a different schedule -- no kidding. I am now waking Reece up at 7-7:15 and the most amazing things happen. He naps!!! (Each day is cried less and less when he goes down too!!) For about an hour at 9:30-10:30 and then again in the afternoon from 12:30/1 - 2:30!!! Seriously amazing. He even sometimes has taken a rest around 530 for 30 minutes. And is tired after his night bottle at 7:30 and goes right to bed.


I am truly so thankful to have read this book. It has helped us get our sanity back. Our nights are easy and our little man is much happier!


Thankfully asleep in his crib - for over an hour~

4 comments:

The Linders said...

I'm so happy to hear that this book helped you so much! I am reading it right now and hope to be able to help Isabella "adjust" when the time comes - hope to see you soon!

kinsey said...

so glad the naps are still going well! had fun yesterday...let us know if we'll see you this weekend
:-)

Emily said...

Congratulations on the great naps!!

I have that book too & I think it's great. It was recommended to me by so many of my friends when I was pregnant.

Travis has had a messed up schedule ever since we returned from California as well. I had that one day of good napping, but it's been a struggle ever since. He was going down great at night before we left, but now he's crying again...not fun!

So glad that Reece is doing so well!

Let's have a play date sometime soon :)

Pandamonium said...

I'm glad you found something that worked for you and Reece! It's amazing how much happier they are when they are sleeping well (as I look at my napping baby on the monitor!). :)